Enroll in a Health Plan
The Marketplace is now open for 2015! Get health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace until February 15, 2015 and learn about no-cost preventive services available to women. If you already have coverage through the Marketplace, learn about Coverage to Care and other resources to help you navigate the health care system.
In the Marketplace, you can:
- compare different plans based on price, benefits, quality, and other features important to you.
- choose a combination of price and benefits that fit your budget and meet your needs.
Most people are eligible for health coverage through the Marketplace, which is available in every state.
Get Preventive Screenings and Services
Women’s Preventive Health Services
Health insurance plans now allow women to get care for a host of preventive services for women. Marketplace plans (and many other plans) must offer these services at no cost to you. This means there is no charge for copayments or coinsurance, even if you haven’t met your deductible for the year. You must use a provider in your plan’s network to get these services for free.
Many preventive services for women are provided at no additional cost, including, but not limited to:
- Breast cancer screening (mammography) every 1 to 2 years for women over 40
- Breast cancer genetic test counseling (BRCA) for women at higher risk for breast cancer
- Cervical cancer screening (Pap test) for sexually active women
- Gestational diabetes screening for women 24 to 28 weeks pregnant and those at high risk of developing gestational diabetes
- HIV and STD screening and counseling for sexually active women
- Osteoporosis screening (bone density) for women over age 60 depending on risk factors
- Domestic and interpersonal violence screening and counseling for all women
- Well-woman visits to get recommended services for women under 65
- Contraception methods, sterilization procedures, and patient education and counseling