October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Here are some tools and skills to help detect breast cancer when it is most treatable.
Keeping you informed and empowered with ongoing breast health services and education is our priority. Learn these tools and practices from the Breast Center at Aspen Valley Hospital so you can develop an effective schedule for personal monthly breast checks and annual mammograms.
When it comes to breast health and awareness, the Aspen Valley Hospital Breast Center is an exceptional place to start. Learn more about early and regular detection, screening and advanced treatment and care coordination.
- Screening with the most advanced technologies
- Diagnostic imaging and biopsies
- Image studies that are read and interpreted by the dedicated sub-specialty radiologists from the Invision Sally Jobe imaging network in Denver
- Your Breast Navigator, a dedicated specialist to guide you through your breast health visits and cancer journey
- Cancer surgery
- Breast reconstruction
- Oncology care
- Ongoing support services, including nutrition counseling, oncology rehab, lymphedema care, genetic counseling and psychological support
If you are in your 40th year, your mammogram is FREE! It is our gift to you, because regular screenings save lives and having that “baseline” mammogram allows us to have something to gauge any changes, year over year.
Let’s join forces! Our Healthy Journey blog is here for you and your women’s health journey.
The RIA Advantage
Aspen Valley Hospital is the exclusive partner in the Roaring Fork Valley to provide diagnostic interpretation by the board-certified sub-specialty radiologists at Radiology Imaging Associates of Colorado (RIA). RIA is a leader in evidence-based diagnostics, investing in research and continued learning in breast, neural, pediatric, musculoskeletal and vascular medicine and part of the Invision Sally Jobe imaging network in Denver