As part of Pitkin County Public Health’s strategy to contain COVID-19 in our community, Aspen Valley Hospital is evaluating patients with COVID-19 symptoms and conducting COVID-19 testing for our community.
- We are testing individuals who have symptoms/illness, or who have been in close contact with someone who is presumed or confirmed positive based on Public Health guidance.
- Our Respiratory Evaluation Center is also open to patients who need help managing moderate to severe respiratory symptoms.
How does it work?
If you are currently experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms, call your primary care physician. Only your physician can give you a referral to be tested after evaluation of symptoms. Your physician can fax your testing referral and appointment request to Aspen Valley Hospital’s scheduling department at 970-544-1589. If you do not have a primary care physician, please call Aspen Valley Primary Care at 970-279-4111.
- Location – 0401 Castle Creek Road, Aspen, CO 81611. The Center has a dedicated entrance/exit, and patients visiting the Center do not mix with the general hospital population.
- Hours for Evaluating Moderate to Severe Symptoms – Monday – Friday, 1pm – 5pm
- Testing Hours – Monday – Friday, 1pm – 5pm; Saturday and Sunday, 12pm – 2pm
- Appointment Needed? – Yes, required for PCR and Antibody testing, and for evaluation of moderate to severe symptoms. If you do not have a doctor and need to be evaluated, call Aspen Valley Primary Care to schedule an appointment. Testing will not be done on a walk-in basis. All testing requires an appointment.
- Doctor’s Note Required? – Yes, referral needed for PCR only.
- Testing for general public or existing patients only? – PCR testing for patients with symptoms or those determined to be close contacts only. Asymptomatic and Antibody testing available by appointment only. Testing is for general public and existing patients, all patients will need to have an MD order to get tested. Providers can fax their orders to 970-544-1589.
- Cost (insured) – Tests will be billed to insurance. There is no out-of-pocket expense to the patient after insurance.
- Cost (uninsured) – PCR testing is free – AVH is committed to cost not being a barrier to testing. Antibody testing $150 – $200.
Click below to download the appropriate referral forms:
SYMPTOMATIC COVID-19 Test Referral Form
ASYMPTOMATIC COVID-19 Test Referral Form
If you are currently experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms, but you do not have a primary care physician, please call Aspen Valley Primary Care at 970-279-4111.